Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA)
What is WIPA?
Work Incentives Planning and Assistance (WIPA) projects are community-based organizations authorized by the Social Security Administration to help people understand Social Security work incentives. WIPA helps you make informed choices about:
- How work will affect your Social Security benefits, health care, and other public benefits; and
- How to use the Ticket to Work program and choose employment supports.
Once you start working, WIPA remains available to help you navigate your changing benefits situation on the way to financial independence.
WIPA services are confidential and free.
Who is eligible for WIPA services?
- People who are age 14 or over, and:
- Are receiving Social Security benefits based on disability (SSI or SSDI), OR
- Who would be getting Social Security benefits based on disability, but are in non-pay status and only getting health care coverage because of income from work.
DRAIL WIPA serves beneficiaries in: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, Fresno, Kings, Merced, Mariposa, Merced, Mono, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Tulare and Tuolumne Counties. Beneficiaries in other Counties can call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 866-968-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY) to find their local WIPA project.
How do I get started with WIPA?
Call the Ticket to Work Help Line at 866-968-7842 (V) or 1-866-833-2967 (TTY).
This webpage funded at U.S. taxpayer expense.